Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with
Key Care Limited (“Keycare”) has received your personal data directly from the firm who sold you your Keycare Insurance Policy (“the Policy”). The personal data consists of the following (or some of it): full name and title, full address, date of birth, contact telephone numbers, email address, make and model of vehicle and vehicle registration number.
Keycare will use your personal data for any one or more of the following purposes:
- To administer the Policy;
- To communicate with you for any purpose in relation to the Policy (including renewal options) by letter, telephone, fax, email or text message;
- To communicate with the firm who sold you your Keycare Policy for any purpose in relation to the Policy by letter, telephone, fax or email.
The legal basis of processing is:
- That the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract of insurance, namely the Policy (including sending your documents to you, dealing with any claim and administration of the Policy) and
- That the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Keycare (including sending you a renewal notice or for any other matters arising from the Policy not covered in the bullet point above).
Keycare may transfer your personal data:
- To the Insurer (Ageas Insurance Limited) and communicate with the Insurer in relation to the Policy by letter, telephone, fax or email. The Insurer may use your personal data for all purposes relating to the Policy and its underwriting and may communicate with you in relation to the Policy by letter, telephone, fax or email. For more details of how Ageas collect, use and store your personal data please visit www.ageas.co.uk/privacy-policy or contact their Data Protection Officer at Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA or email@example.com.
- To third parties where this is necessary or desirable for the legitimate business interests of Keycare or as required by law.
- Keycare will transfer your personal data to third parties where this is necessary to administer the Policy. Such third parties include locksmiths and key providers providing services under the Policy who may in turn from time to time use third parties to perform such services. They may use your personal data to provide services to you under the Policy and may communicate with you by letter, telephone, fax, email or text message in relation to the Policy.
Keycare will only transfer your data to third parties within the EEA.
Keycare will update your personal data from time to time based on information received from the firm who sold you your Keycare Policy or from you directly. In order to comply with tax, financial services regulations and other applicable legislation, Keycare will hold your personal data for the duration of the Policy and for six years after it ends, at which time it will be destroyed.
Keycare will not use your personal data for marketing purposes (other than to contact you prior to the expiry of the Policy in connection with its renewal).
You have the right to request from Keycare access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning you and to object to processing. In addition you have the right to data portability. Any questions you may have about data protection should be addressed to the Operations and Compliance Manager at Keycare at the address below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https//ico.org.uk).
Keycare may process your personal data for the purposes of its legitimate interests including contacting you prior to the expiry of your Keycare Insurance Policy in connection with its renewal.
You have the right to object to processing by Keycare for the purposes of Keycare’s legitimate interests.
If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Operations and Compliance Manager at the address below.
Key Care Limited
2-3 Quayside House, Quayside, Salts Mill Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 3ST. Telephone: 0345 303 0550 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org